Alfa Laval AlfaQ ™ heat exchangers are used for HVAC applications such as district cooling substations, ice-storage systems, data centers, and free cooling systems. The range is AHRI certified to ensure optimal performance in accordance with the manufacturer’s published ratings. AHRI certification is an independent, third-party verification of thermal performance.
- High energy efficiency
- Flexible configuration
- Easy to install
- High serviceability
- Access to Alfa Laval’s global service network
The Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certification is an independent, third-party verification of thermal performance. Through its certification program and standards, AHRI strives to help customers save energy, improve their productivity and help to ensure a better environment.
AHRI performance certification verifies that the product performs in accordance with the manufacturer’s published ratings, and is particularly useful in applications such as district cooling substations, ice-storage systems, data centers and free cooling systems.
Well-designed and long service life
Alfa Laval AlfaQ™ gasketed plate-and-frame heat exchangers are available to meet most heat transfer requirements – whether large or small – demonstrating our commitment to optimizing the performance of our customers’ processes. Equipped with well-designed features the heat exchangers are easy to maintain and have a long service life. Some of the features available include:
- ClipGrip™ gasket – a glue free gasket with superior alignment that ensures a perfect seal and trouble-free maintenance
- Glued gasket – a two-component, oven-cured epoxy glue that keeps the gasket in place during any possible cleaning condition
- CurveFlow™ distribution area – ensures full use of the heat transfer area and minimizes fouling.
Additionally, the pressure plate roller, the bearing boxes on tightening bolts, and the 5 point alignment system with reinforced hangers make opening and closing the heat exchanger quick and easy without the need for heavy tools or the risk of damaging the plates.
AlfaQ™ is quick and easy to modify if process parameters change. Our team’s expertise and the availability of parts bring you peace of mind.
Plate types for different needs
AlfaQ™ is available with two different plate configurations:
- Single plate with a chevron pattern design for parallel flow allowing for optimum thermal performance and pressure drop.
- Single plate with a chevron pattern design for diagonal flow through the heat exchanger when it is mounted horizontally and requires draining.