Alfa Laval BaseLine is a range of gasketed plate-and-frame heat exchangers used in dairy, food, beverage and other hygienic applications. BaseLine is a competitive choice for hygienic processes and utility applications. For more demanding hygienic applications, the Alfa Laval FrontLine range is the preferred selection.
- High energy efficiency
- Flexible configuration
- Easy to install
- High serviceability
- Access to Alfa Laval’s global service network
Meets all hygienic heating and cooling requirements
Alfa Laval BaseLine, with design pressure up to 10 bar (145 psi), meets all the requirements for pasteurization and other heating and cooling duties in hygienic applications.
Alfa Laval BaseLine uses FDA-compliant glue-free gaskets and is easy to open for inspection and cleaning or to clean by means of Cleaning-In-Place (CIP). The plate configuration is flexible with many options. In case the process parameters change, plates are conveniently replaced, added or removed.
Plate types for different hygienic needs
BaseLine is available with two different plate types:
- Chevron type plate pattern is used in a wide range of industries. This ensures good distribution of the product as well as high thermal efficiency.
- Gemini double wall consists of two plates pressed together. It prevents cross contamination between fluids in case of leakage through the plates.
The competitive choice
BaseLine is a competitive choice for hygienic processes and utility applications in dairy, food, and beverage industries. Examples of applications are:
- Simple pasteurization
- Raw milk cooling
- Utility media heating/cooling
- Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) heating
Alfa Laval FrontLine is recommended for more heat sensitive products or for products containing pulp and fibres.