Control Valve Handbook
Everything you need to know about control valves in one handy reference handbook
Control valves are an increasingly vital component of modern manufacturing around the world. Properly selected and maintained control valves increase efficiency, safety, profitability, and ecology.
The Control Valve Handbook has been a primary reference book since its first printing in 1965. This fifth edition by Emerson presents vital information on control valve performance and the latest technologies.
What can I expect to learn about Control Valves? The handbook chapters cover the following:
- Chapter 1 offers an introduction to control valves, including definitions for common control valve and instrumentation terminology
- Chapter 2 develops the vital topic of control valve performance.
- Chapter 3 covers valve and actuator types.
- Chapter 4 describes digital valve controllers, analogue positioners, boosters and other control valve accessories.
- Chapter 5 is a comprehensive guide to selecting the best control valve for an application.
- Chapter 6 addresses the selection and use of special control valves.
- Chapter 7 explains desuperheaters, steam conditioning valves, and turbine bypass systems.
- Chapter 8 details typical control valve installation and maintenance procedures.
- Chapter 9 contains information on control valve standards and approval agencies throughout the world.
- Chapter 10 identifies isolation valves and actuators.
- Chapter 11 covers discrete automation.
- Chapter 12 discusses various process safety instrumented systems.
- Chapter 13 provides useful tables of engineering reference data.
- Chapter 14 includes piping reference data.
- Chapter 15 is a handy resource for common conversions.
The Control Valve Handbook is both a textbook and a reference on the strongest link in the control loop – the control valve and its accessories. This book includes extensive and proven knowledge from leading experts in the process control field, including contributions from the ISA.
Contact us in Ireland on +353 21 4510900 or UK +44 1633 877505 for more information on Control Valves and how to optimize their performance on your plant. Alternatively use the enquiry form, we will be happy to discuss your requirements.