Positive Displacement Pump that can pump solids / abrasive slurry – Hydra Cell Pump
Positive displacement pumps have a poor reputation for pumping solids or abrasive slurry. However, the Hydra Cell is a seal-less design that has a proven track record.
We list the features / benefits below:
- Positive displacement with smooth, low pulse output
- Heavy-duty industrial construction for long service life in harsh conditions
- Hydraulically-balanced, unstressed diaphragms
- Wide range of flow rates from 0.4 to 128 l/min and pressures up to 172 bar
- Repeatable, accurate output – ideal for metering and dosing
- Seal-less design – can pump particles in suspension
- Flexible installation with a variety of mounting configurations
- Minimal maintenance; no cups, packings or seals – can even run dry!
- Wide choice of materials of construction for pump heads, diaphragms and valve assemblies
- High efficiency – low power consumption
What does it look like?
- Drive shaft – via electric motor, hydraulic motor, belt and pulley, etc.
- Roller bearings – rigid support, immersed in lubricating oil bath
- Fixed-angle cam – translates rotary motion into linear to the hydraulic cells
- Hydraulic cells – displace diaphragms via pressurised oil
- Diaphragms – hydraulically balanced, no stress during flexing
- Inlet valve assemblies – simple design, allows liquid into pump chamber
- Outlet valve assemblies – allows liquid to flow into pressure discharge line
- Pressure regulating valve – controls output pressure and prevents pump overload